Getting escrow compliance right is very important to the borrower, your institution, and examiners. Compliance requirements include initial analysis and disclosure, annual disclosures, recordkeeping, and more. In addition, RESPA, TILA, and flood compliance regulations all address when escrow is required. What happens if you find shortages, surpluses, or deficiencies? Having plenty of room for human error means that penalties can add up quickly. This webinar will review the entire escrow compliance process and reveal common mistakes and examiner citations that highlight “hot spots.” Checklists will be provided to ensure you comply with the escrow requirements and that your disclosures and statements are complete, compliant, and correct.
- When escrow applies under RESPA, TILA (for high-priced mortgages), and flood insurance rules
- Initial analysis for proper escrow amounts
- How to disclose escrow on TRID documents
- Requirements for initial disclosure as well as annual and short-year statements
- Handling shortages, surpluses, or deficiencies
- Escrow FAQs
- Manual in procedural language as a template for developing your own escrow procedures
- Audit procedures for escrow requirements
- Sample checklists to test disclosure content
- Employee training log
- Quiz to measure staff learning and a separate answer key
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for compliance officers, lending personnel, and auditors. Attendance verification for CE credits provided upon request.
ABOUT THE PRESENTER – Ann Brode-Harner, Brode Consulting Services, Inc.
Ann Brode-Harner began her career in 1973 and has continued her service as a consultant to regional and community financial institutions through a wide range of areas including strategic planning, lending, deposits, marketing, training, compliance, and management. Ann is a well-respected presenter and has spoken to audiences across the country for over 30 years. She has presented sessions for numerous state associations and has taught at the School of Banking Administration at the University of Wisconsin as well as many other state banking
Originally recorded on April 30 , 2019.
Recorded webinar is available until October 31, 2019.
Free Digital Copy included with purchase to download and view beyond link expiration date.
Price includes sales tax.