Are you confident your e-statement program is compliant with legal and regulatory guidelines? Do you adhere to E-SIGN and UETA? Is your enrollment process fully compliant? Do you allow accountholders to sign up for online banking in your lobby? Do your e-disclosures contain the required information, including mandatory technology guidelines? Could you provide evidence of accountholders’ affirmative consent if your e-statement program triggered a lawsuit or regulatory audit?
Many financial institutions have unwittingly established unlawful online banking programs that violate E-SIGN. If you are caught operating a noncompliant program, every e-statement you’ve ever sent could be deemed legally invalid. Regulatory fines, defense costs, and legal settlements could far exceed the potential savings e-statements provide. Attend this program to learn vital information about E-SIGN, UETA, e-statements, e-disclosures, affirmative electronic consent, record retention, and more. Participants will receive a checklist to determine if your e-statement program is well-managed and compliant with legal, regulatory, and organizational guidelines.
- What are E-SIGN and UETA and what do they require?
- Why and how do financial institutions typically mismanage E-SIGN compliance?
- Understanding and complying with E-SIGN consumer consent provisions and processes
- What constitutes a lawful, well-written e-disclosure?
- Why and how accountholders must prove technological competence to receive e-statements
- Is it lawful to enroll accountholders in your lobby or via mobile devices?
- Proving affirmative consent to courts and regulators
- What to do if your financial institution is violating E-SIGN
- Recognizing and avoiding common legal and compliance mistakes in e-statement programs
- Potentially costly consequences of noncompliance
- Answers to the most pressing e-statement questions
- Timely information, expert advice, best practices, and compliance tips to implement immediately
- Compliance checklist to determine if your e-statement program is well-managed and compliant
- Whitepaper on writing clear, effective, legally compliant e-disclosures
- Employee training log
- Quiz you can administer to measure staff learning and a separate answer key
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This must-attend session will ensure legally compliant e-banking. Compliance officers, risk managers, records managers, online banking personnel, operations managers, business development managers, and others charged with managing electronic banking, E-SIGN, e-statements, e-disclosures, and electronic business records will benefit from this program.
ABOUT THE PRESENTER – Nancy Flynn, The ePolicy Institute™
A recognized expert on workplace policy, communication, and compliance, Nancy Flynn is the founder and executive director of The ePolicy Institute and Business Writing Institute. She provides training, writing, and consulting services to clients seeking to minimize compliance risks and maximize communication skills.
Nancy is the author of 13 books, including “Writing Effective E-Mail,” “The ePolicy Toolkit,” and “The Social Media Handbook.” An in-demand trainer, she conducts seminars, webinars, and one-on-one coaching for financial institutions, financial services firms, and other clients worldwide. She also serves as an expert witness in litigation related to workplace policies and Internet use.
Originally recorded on May 1, 2018.
Recorded webinar link is available until November 30, 2018.
Free Digital Copy included with purchase to download and view beyond link expiration date.
Price includes sales tax.