Your strategic plan should be as unique as your financial institution. Too often, executives and directors construct strategic plans based on old plans, online strategies, or brainstorming grounded in emotion or intuition. Financial services has become a much faster-paced industry than it was 15 or 20 years ago and is impacted by many more forces, challenges, competitors, and opportunities than ever before. These drivers highlight the need for every institution to have a living, breathing strategic plan to thrive and grow. Whether your institution lacks a cohesive strategy, or just wants to review existing plans, this webinar will address questions including:
- What is your vision for the future of your institution?
- Do employees know the vision, and can they articulate it?
- Does your institution’s culture and brand (everything from electronic signatures on emails to the look of the lobby) reflect the vision of where you want to take your institution?
- What risks are unique to your institution?
- Do you have the right people in the right places to fulfill the vision?
- Importance of a clearly defined strategic plan structure
- Key components common to successful strategies
- Role of enterprise risk mitigation and management in the strategic plan
- Establishing best practices with board governance
- Developing, implementing, and managing the strategic planning process
- Integrating your talent management and enterprise risk management programs into your strategic plan
- How to ensure your strategic plan is implemented
- Strategic Risk Assessment for New Initiatives template
- Sources and resources
- Employee training log
- NEW – Interactive quiz
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is directed to the leadership team, executives, supervisors with planning responsibilities, chief risk officers, and directors involved in the strategic planning process.
ABOUT THE PRESENTER – Marcia Malzahn, Malzahn Strategic
Marci Malzahn is the president and founder of Malzahn Strategic, a consultancy focused on strategic planning, enterprise risk management, and talent management for community financial institutions. Marci has 23 years of banking experience, with the last ten as the EVP/CFO/COO of a community bank she co-founded and where she oversaw all operations. In her last year as EVP/COO/CRO, Marci created and focused on the risk management program.
Before starting the bank in 2005, Marci worked for a $34 million nonprofit where she led IT, HR, and finance. The recipient of several professional awards, Marci has published three books and is an international bilingual speaker who frequently presents at banking conferences and provides online and onsite training. She holds a Bachelor’s in Business Management from Bethel University and is a graduate of the Graduate School of Banking in Madison, Wisconsin.
Originally recorded on August 13, 2019.
Recorded webinar is available until February 28, 2020.
Free Digital Copy included with purchase to download and view beyond link expiration date.
Price includes sales tax.