Recent rule changes have expanded rollover opportunities under certain circumstances but have limited rollover opportunities under other scenarios. Changes bring opportunities to financial institutions that understand how to navigate and properly handle IRA rollovers and transfers. After this session, you will know how IRA owners and beneficiaries may move assets between IRA plans, and between employer retirement plans and IRA plans. Be prepared the next time an IRA owner requests a rollover or transfer.
- Responsibilities for processing and reporting rollovers versus transfer contributions
- Differences between employer plan-to-IRA rollovers versus IRA-to-IRA rollovers
- Difference between direct and indirect IRA rollovers
- Guidance on the 60-day and once-every-12-months rollover rules
- When IRA owners may receive an automatic extension of the 60-day rollover period through the self-certification process
- Scenarios where the once-every-12-months rule does not apply
- How to properly handle, title, and report beneficiary rollovers from employer plans
- Handling IRA-to-IRA beneficiary transfers
- Sample rollover forms and quick reference charts
- Employee training log
- NEW – Interactive quiz
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
For those who have direct contact with IRA owners, including registered advisors and licensed insurance representatives, this session will provide the information needed to confidently help IRA owners make informed rollover and transfer decisions. Staff who have IRA operational or compliance responsibilities will learn current guidance on the processing and government reporting requirements associated with IRA-to-IRA and employer plan-to-IRA rollovers. Managers will obtain a solid understanding and new appreciation of their responsibilities when handling these IRA transactions.
ABOUT THE PRESENTER – Frank J. LaLoggia, LaLoggia Consulting, Inc.
Frank LaLoggia is the President of LaLoggia Consulting, Inc., Rochester, New York, a pension consulting firm that assists financial organizations with ongoing support in the creation, development, and marketing of their retirement plans offerings.
Frank coordinates and conducts retirement plan seminars and training programs throughout the United States, including in-house IRA, HSA, and employer retirement plan training sessions. With over 38 years’ experience in employee benefits, and always in demand, his client list is impressive. He has assisted many leading financial organizations in the pension and financial services industries. Frank has achieved the designation of Deferred Compensation Specialist through Northeastern Universities Center for Continuing Education and The National Retirement Plans Training Conference.
Originally recorded on July 9, 2019.
Recorded webinar is available until January 31, 2020.
Free Digital Copy included with purchase to download and view beyond link expiration date.
Price includes sales tax.